I was nominated for the Liebster Award by But Why? Thank you!
What is the Liebster Award?
In essence, the Liebster Award is a chain letter for bloggers, but unlike its email counterparts, it serves a purpose: the award promotes new blogs (and therefore helps readers discover them). I know it’s a little silly, but it’s an honour to be recognized and I hope others will appreciate the recognition too.
The rules are as follows:
11 Questions given to me:
- How long have you been blogging for? Almost a year
- Why did you start blogging? I needed an outlet for everything I was going through with my cancer treatments and dance and blogging seemed like a good idea.
- What do you do to relax? Dance, write, drive, listen to music, dance some more!
- What’s your favorite travel destination? Europe. I love the history over there and hope to explore more!
- Do you prefer physical books or e-books? I was a diehard physical book snob–until someone gave me an e-reader and I realized I could take 100 books with me without all the extra weight. Guess that makes me a convert!
- Did you ever do those chain letter emails? Very rarely, but sometimes something will catch my attention!
- What do you do when you have writer’s block? Dance–it like meditation to help me work through things! If that isn’t working I drive and listen to music to think things through.
- Who is your favorite author? There are too many good ones to have a favourite and my tastes are so diverse!
- What about your favorite genre? I read a little bit of everything–mystery, fiction, suspense, thriller, fantasy, historical–I can’t say I have a favourite!
- What do you prefer to write? (Fiction, poetry, personal essay, articles, etc.) Lately, it’s my blog. I also enjoy writing feature articles for the newspaper for work because I get to learn about so many interesting things!
- What are you most passionate about? Definitely Dance! If you asked me that 5 years ago I would have said something different but dance has really become one of the most important part of my life!
Eleven Random Facts
I have two cats who are siblings and look nothing alike. I have a music education degree and taught in public school for 3 years before deciding to pursue my current career. I am an officer in the Canadian Armed Forces. I knit, crochet and do cross-stitch regularly. I have never lived anywhere more than 6 years in a row, but most of my life has been spent on the east coast of Canada. I studied theatre in university and used to act in plays and musicals regularly. I showed rabbits and guinea pigs growing up and my family raised rabbits for meat. I was a public speaking champion in high school. I was runner up and Miss Congeniality in a ‘Miss Teen’ pageant in 1996. I have 2 sisters, one who is a veterinarian and the other has Multiple Sclerosis and works part-time. Both of my parents were/are in the military–my mother is a retired reservist and my father is retired from the regular force and still serving as a reservist.
I decided to nominate fellow members from the ballroom village who have also supported me and are sharing similar inspiring journeys. I’ve nominated the following bloggers if, and only if, they are interested:
Your questions are as follows:
- How long have you been blogging for?
- Why did you start blogging?
- What do you do to relax?
- What’s your favourite dance style to dance?
- What’s your favourite dance style to watch?
- Why did you start dancing?
- What do you find most challenging about dance?
- What do you do besides dance?
- How long have you been dancing?
- Who are your favourite dancers to watch?
- What are you most passionate about?
Again, thanks so much to my nominator! This award is a great way to connect with other bloggers and create something like a community, in which we all help and support one another.